Hi

I’m slightly stumped by what appears to be a networking/firewall/permissions
issue but I’m not really sure. (Ports are open).

A 4D Client connecting to 4D Server (v15) over a Windows LAN (Windows 10)
connects but then dies while trying to download local resources. The error
messages are:

1024 Can’t open structure of database ({BaseName})
1211 Cannot create connection
10035 Unknown error

The weird thing is that there is a perfectly serviceable version of exactly the
same structure running on a different server which works fine (so it doesn’t
seem to be an issue with permissions on the client side and 4D not being able
to write to its local cache folder). Also, I have to connect to the failing
server using the “Custom” tab as it doesn’t automatically show up in
“Available” which the production server does.

I have opened the Windows firewall port 19813 on the server O/S, both inbound
and outbound. Apart from that I can see no difference from the one that works
(they are separately licensed).

Client O/S: Windows 10
Server O/S's (Both): Windows Server 2016 Standard

Server IPs:

192.168.0.249 (Works)
192.168.0.40 (Fails)

If anyone is familiar with this issue I’d appreciate any tips !

Regards

Peter