Hi

Could anyone kindly bring me up to date me how we trap the [Return] key on a
form these days with a default button when some other action is to be taken
rather than accepting the form, depending on the last object that had the focus
prior to executing the Default Button script ?

In otherwords how can the default button script “know” that the cursor was in a
“filter list” widget just prior to executing and in that case cancel the
form-acceptance action in favour of executing the list query.

This is so that users can hit the return key to execute a query (like Google
style). But if the cursor is not in the filter field but highlighting a row in
the list then the return key should accept the form (via regular default button
action).

many thanks

Peter