Hi

I have a legacy 4D server which appears to be getting trashed by the backup
services in Windows 10 server.

The platform contractor cannot turn off any of the backup stuff and I can’t
upgrade to v17 for several weeks due to…..reasons, so need to find a way round
this. (There are 2 virtual machines running inside the host. One of these runs
a 4D 2004 server, the other runs a 4D v15 server).

One thing the contractor said is that there are 2 levels of backup - the “Host
replication” which runs every 15 minutes - and the guest backup (which I
presume is Windows Shadow Copy Service) which runs once per evening.

Am I right in thinking that legacy 4D servers should be ok with the host
replication but not with the guest backup (which causes file locking conflicts
with 4D I imagine) ?

If that’s the case I’m thinking of finding a shell script to take the 4D server
down in the evenings and put it back up early morning.

Regards

Peter