Hi Jim,

> On Jan 5, 2020, at 7:31 AM, Jim Crate via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> wrote:
>
>> In this model, I'm only making structure and form changes in the 17 master
>> branch. Methods can be changed in both branches.
>
> Are there any problems with functionalities can’t be used in v18 project mode
> that don’t have replacements in v17.3 (not R-series)? I’ve seen mentions of
> users/groups changes in particular but I haven’t investigated the details yet.

Yes, there are a number of differences not only between 17.3 and 18 project
mode, but between 18.4db and 18 project mode. For example, the picture library
does not exist in project mode. Method comments are gone in project mode. I
minimally use users/groups, but that is different also.

One problem I reported is the 4D structure catalog exported from the v18.4db is
modified just by opening it in 18 project mode. Seems to have something to do
with tips or comments associated with fields. For now I have to remember to
discard catalog.4DCatalog changes before I commit branch 18 changes.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.