I don't manage them, but we use A10 load balancers for our 4 4D Client
instances running as virtual machines that serve web service requests from our
website and a variety of other non-4D applications. The 4D Clients are running
an HTTP server based on NTK (very very similar to the sample HTTP server
provided with NTK). It's pretty easy to add and remove clients if we need to
beef up the number of 4D Client instances for a big event, or scale back if a
VM goes offline or whatever

https://www.a10networks.com/products/thunder-adc/

I remember at Orchard that some of our more advanced customers also installed
load balancers in front of 4D Client-based 4D web servers, pretty much on their
own.  Your 4D code has no idea that there's a load balancer running, so you
don't have to write anything special for it.

HTH (better) :)

Jeff