my first thought is windows creates 'shadow' directories.
and that the plugins are being moved/referenced from there when the program
runs - which breaks the expected path 4D is using to try to access the plugins.
I would consider this idea to more likely if the same database works on a Mac

Chip
> This is an old database v12 that I am trying to upgrade to v16 and
> later. I had upgraded it to v14 on a Mac, but when I moved it to
> Windows Server 2008 I got the dll error that started this thread and
> as noted that foundation’s Extras plugin was throwing a license or
> privilege error.
>
> Walt... it is Foundation 3. I would upgrade it but do not have the
> luxury of time in this particular case to go that route at the moment.
>
> I Decided to move on to v16 and see what happens, Lo and behold, the
> dll error went away, but the Extras plugin continued throw errors and
> I have since realized that this was the case for all the plugins in
> the plugin folder. The plugins are in fact being loaded as they are
> recognized (tokenized) in the design environment. The error is thrown
> when any plugin command is called.
>
> I do have a working built application (v12) with the same plugins
> installed and they work fine there. I copied the plugins from the
> built application on the same windows machine to my upgraded version
> with the same result.
>
> Being that 4D does recognize the plugin commands, I think this has
> something to do with the OS security settings for the plugins folder
> and it’s contents. Currently System, Administrators and Users all
> have Full control are set for the Plugins folder and all of it’s
> content..
>
> Any ideas?
>
> All my windows work is being done in VirtualBox VMs.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>
>> On Mar 28, 2020, at 10:04 AM, Walt Nelson <walt.nel...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:walt.nel...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> John,
>>
>> Which version of Foundation Shell are you using?
>>
>> Foundation 5 or later does not require Foundation Extras.bundle anymore.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Walt
>>

>>> On Mar 28, 2020, at 2:39 AM, JOHN BAUGHMAN via 4D_Tech
>>> <4d_tech@lists.4d.com <mailto:4d_tech@lists.4d.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> If I click ok to the error window, database startup, but the
>>> constants in the Foundation Extras.bundle in the Plugins folder
>>> throws a “License or privilege” error (-9949). Do not know if the
>>> 2 are related.

Hell is other people
     Jean-Paul Sartre