Tim,
This is great info. Thanks for testing it out.

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 10:57 AM Tim Nevels via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> I also tested editing the text of a method with TextEdit while the Project
> was open on 4D Server. The method was not open with 4D Remote. In fact no
> 4D Remote was even connected to 4D Server. I could change the method text
> and save it. No errors from TextEdit. Opened the method file again and the
> changes I made were there.
>
> But when I started 4D Remote, connected to 4D Server, went to Design and
> opened that method, my change was not there. It was still in the method
> text file, but the changes didn’t show up in the 4D Method Editor.

Take a look in the local resources folder for the client. This sounds like
the client gets its own cache of files from the server and 'runs' those.

I would like for the to support 4D Team Developer using Project mode. There
> are times when this is a good solution. Example, doing 4D Server testing of
> parts of an application. Be nice to be able to test it running on 4D Server
> and fix problems. And be nice to continue to have all the advantages of 4D
> Team Developer in addition to version control advantages that Project mode
> provides.

I agree. I would like for support to be more familiar with the new stuff in
general.

--
Kirk Brooks
San Francisco, CA