You can duplicate the folder, but you have to rename the executable too ...
so 4D.exe becomes 4D-A.exe and 4D-B.exe ... something unique.

I also create a folder called 'clientLocal' next to the executable for all
the plugins, components, resources, etc. On windows 10, I had to change the
security properties of the clientLocal folder by allowing 'Everyone' to
have full control.

This will allow multiple clients to the same server, so long as you have
the licenses to support it.

Darin