There is a thread about this problem on the old 4D forum.

https://forums.4d.com/Post/EN/34156307/1/34663615#34663615

With version 18 you can no longer define the location of the client folder
it is automatically created. 4D uses a combination of the IP address and the
hash to create the path to the folder.

As mentioned above if you use a different on your machine it creates a new
folder. If you make any changes to the network settings same applies. It may
be worth checking if you have legacy networks selected incompatibility I had
that problem.

It is frustrating that we cannot define the path for the client folder. My
4d folder in user profile/Appdata/4D Is already over a gigabyte. Furthermore
if you use built application and the user wants to uninstall this will not
be removed.

Paul

--
Sent from: http://4d.1045681.n5.nabble.com/4D-Tech-f1376241.html