On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 4:59 PM Tarawerkz via 4D_Tech
<4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> Thanks Chip,
>
> I’ll try that, hopefully can find a version from not too far back.
>
> Any idea what could have caused this?

My info is not very recent, but few years ago I analysed structure of
data and structure file. There are many auxiliary structures, but
actual data are stored in blocks, where each block have a prefix,
containing, between other, size of the block. If this field got
corrupted and contained some ridiculous big value, 4D would crash when
reading the data with the "Attempt to read beyond end of file ..."
error,

This error was hard to fix, because restore did not help (when it did
not read content of blocks) or crashed as well (when it did.) When
problem was in data file, error happened when 4D accessed particular
record, then it was possible to find that record in file and fix it
with hex file editor. With structure this would be much harder.

So, if this is the case, I am afraid you probably do not have other
solution then go to stable backup and then try to copy changes, if you
can open structure without crash. What I would suggest is to try to
exclude all other sources of problem, maybe moving the structure to
new empty folder, no plugins, components, settings or logs.

Regards,

Peter Bozek

New Forum: https://discuss.4D.com