I currently support a number of legacy applications on unsupported versions of
4D. In the past I supported an enterprise system centered on 4D which spent
much of its 25 year existence on unsupported versions of 4D. If your app is
stable and you don't plan on needing to use new 4D features it will very likely
continue to work fine even though it's "unsupported".

But my experience is all on Windows. If you are on MacOS it's much more
important to keep on a supported version of 4D because of 64bit and other
issues. If your app needs to run on a new MacOS machine you probably should
stay up to date.

BTW, I'm hoping to visit the Burke Museum sometime soon. I have not been in the
new facility.

HTH,

Tom Benedict