Well..

That specific Kangaroo is unstoppably hopping towards Project mode.
New features will only be available there and it makes sense.
Most IDEs rely external libraries for such mundane tasks as compiling, etc.
In the case of 4D, you only need things like X-Code if you belong to these poor
souls still trying to develop single user applications for the mac…
Stopped doing that ages ago, actually stopped supporting Mac a long time ago.
Wisest decision I ever made.
I still love to develop ON a mac, but I never again would develop FOR mac,
there is not enough money in the world to persuade me otherwise.
As for wanting to hop on the clicky baity sparkling trail of phone based
application.
Yes, you will need all that, but seriously if you even think about going that
way, all hope for you is lost already...
Period!
:-)