On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 09:08:39AM -0400, Peet42 wrote:

> >  Not the most powerful machine in the world, but looks like it could be a
> > nice platform to hack on. Or I suppose you could use it (in theory) for
> > reading books...
>

> >  http://bookshop.blackwell.co.uk/jsp/id/NOOK_Simple_Touch/9781400699032
>

> >  Specs here:
> >  http://nookdevs.com/Nook_Simple_Touch
>

> >  C.
>
> I bought one of these for my Mother when they were reduced to £19, and I
> still feel I was overcharged.  It's quite slow, the interface is clunky
> (although you could probably flash it with something else) and, most
> importantly, there's no "Reset" button and the case is moulded shut.  This
> means that I was forced to return mine through the post to Germany *twice*
> because "bad files" from the Nook store caused it to lock up.

Thanks for that, I was actually considering picking one up. If they are that
much of a nightmare I won't bother.

> If you're going to spend £29, go onto eBay and get a used Kindle 3rd
> generation, with the keyboard.  You can hack those to use them as a (slow)
> free 3G dongle. :-)

I have also been thinking of getting a good kindle again, it will go on my list.

> (Sorry for butting in.  I'm the guy who wanted to attend, but the three days
> you're "open" are the three days I'm on kidney dialysis...)

We are of course open sporadically everyday. While Tuesday's,Thursday's and
Saturday's we are planning on being open. Any time you can make it in you should
ask the list or on irc.

Most of the time there is someone waiting for someone else to hack with.

--
Tom             | I don't see how we are going to build the dystopian megapoli
@adventureloop  | we were promised in 80s and early 90s cyberpunk fiction if

:wq