On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 10:05:21PM +0100, Robert McWilliam wrote:
> EMF is now less than a week away so I should really have sorted out how
> I'm getting there before now - but haven't.
>
> Who all else is going? What are your travel plans?

On top of yourself I know me and Iain are going. Hibby is talking about coming.

I still don't have travel sorted, thats mostly because the university is in
farce mode.

Right now my travel plans are:

1)      Get a uni hire
2)      Jump on Hibby's insurance and share the driving
3)      Take the adventuremobile and hope that if it does break down it is on
the
        way home

> I could possibly steal the crew cab pickup from my Mum that would give 4
> people (or 5 if the ones in the back don't want much space) and a decent
> amount of space in the back for stuff. Would be easier to convince her
> to part with it if we could swap it for an alternative vehicle.
>
> Alternatively taking the train is actually looking quite tempting (not
> having to worry about traffic can leave at the back of 8 and expect to
> be in Bletchley in ~8 hours, can get up and walk about, less chance of
> getting lost...). If I do go that way anyone driving down that would
> fancy taking a tent (and maybe some other stuff) with them :)

I don't think I could manage the train with the amount of equipment I have to
take. Also I already have a parking ticket and feel the need to use it.

Once we get to EMF I have two and a half plans.

1)              Stream video of talks
2)              Make club mate(adventuremate) and give it away
2.5)    Acquire a folding bike, hack it in some way with LED's and wifi.

I still need to find a folding bike, though I can't say I have been trying very
hard.

--
Tom
@adventureloop