Hannah,

Thanks for your email - If you've not had a reply from any of the other directors already, we'll have a chat internally and get back to you soon, and if you don't hear anything shoot me a reminder message!

I suspect we'd be most easily available for the weekend and the evening presentations - how much information do you need by the cutoff date over and above a confirmation?

Thanks,

Hibby

On 2016-01-14 10:14, Beedie, Hannah wrote:

Good morning,

I am writing to enquire about whether or not you would be interested in participating in TechFest 2016 Science festival.

TechFest is Aberdeen and North-East Scotland's annual festival of Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths. (STEM) 2015 was the festival's 22ndt Anniversary and is highly regarded as a key event within education, industry and the wider community. TechFest aims to promote engagement with STEM subjects for all ages through a variety of accessible and entertaining programmes, composed of workshops, shows and presentations.

The Primary Programme runs for a week and is open to all the primary schools in Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire. It is held at the Gordon Barracks in Aberdeen and the children come for a day, visiting 2 workshops and a show. It runs from 9am - 3.30 Mon - Fri, your workshop should be suitable for up to 30 children and be in line with the experiences and outcomes of the Curriculum for Excellence. The workshop should last for either 45 or 60 minutes and suitable for P1 - P3, P4 - P7 or P1 -P7.

The Activity Weekend is open to the general public and has drop in style workshops held over the Saturday and Sunday in the same location.

The dates for this year are as follows:

Primary Programme Monday 29th August - Friday 2nd September (set-up Sunday 28th from 3pm)

Activity Weekend Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th September (set-up Friday 2nd from 5pm)

If you could let me know as soon as possible if this is something you would like to be involved with, that would be great. Our deadline for confirmation is Friday 22nd January.

Alternatively we also run a Public Programme which is a series of evening talks and presentations and if you feel that you would be better suited to this then please let me know.

If you need any further details please get in touch.

Regards

Hannah

Hannah Beedie

Festival Co-ordinator

TechFest-SetPoint

Tel: 01224 273955

Email: h.bee...@abdn.ac.uk

Website: www.techfestsetpoint.org.uk [1]

WE HAVE MOVED
TechFest
Foresterhill Health Centre
Westburn Road
Aberdeen
AB25 2AY

Charity No. SC01 0349 Company Registration no. 272046

Register Company Office: Ledingham Chalmers Solicitors, Johnstone House, 52-54 Rose St., Aberdeen AB10 1HA

The University of Aberdeen is a charity registered in Scotland, No SC013683. Tha Oilthigh Obar Dheathain na charthannas clàraichte ann an Alba, Àir. SC013683.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.techfestsetpoint.org.uk/