Hiya

I'll try to head along, not sure though, depends on usual domestic juggling.

I've been tinkering with 3.5" Pi screeen, so if I'm along I'll be doing
that.  Picked up a couple, Chinese import, and they're really nice for the
price.  Only issue so far it the touch screen input needs rotated 90
degrees.  I think I might try and make light switch replacements with them,
for IoT control type stuff, or something.  Added some images and stuff to
the wiki page at https://wiki.57north.org.uk/index.php/Projects:IPi

Also, a new Pi 3 A+ arrived in the post just now, the cute wee thing needs
tinkered with.  It is quite satisfyingly square :)

In case anyone was wanting to go to the "CodeTheCity: Working with
Wikidata, Wikimedia and Wikipedia" this evening, there may be a ticket
available now.  I booked, but had to cancel my ticket yesterday, as I
wasn't sure if I'd be able top go.  More info at
https://opentechcalendar.co.uk/event/7998-working-with-wikidata-wikimedia-and-wikipedia

TechMeetup tomorrow evening sounds good.  More info at
https://www.facebook.com/events/1051097708411563/ or, if you're not so keen
on clicking facebook stuff, the blurb is...

Jane Wilson on Web Accessibility
Tomorrow from 18:30-21:00, Meston Building, University of Aberdeen, AB24
3UE Aberdeen
Jane Wilson from Waracle in Dundee, will talk about web accessibility and
show that it's not a big and scary a topic. That really easy code changes
and design considerations can make a big difference when it comes to making
accessible experiences. She'll also cover how accessibility assumptions are
wrong and that this has a much wider impact on your user base.
https://twitter.com/janewilson90
<https://twitter.com/janewilson90?fbclid=IwAR0L7Tzzv6hZtsnSj_pq7jwsZi5-LAxNVVK9ioMfStL268uAJFkppiBnL4M>

Hope to catch up later :)

Andy

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 at 10:33, Hibby <d...@vehibberd.com> wrote:

> Hi Nerds!
>
> It's open day wooo!
>
> The Space will be open from 7pm at the space on Skene Terrace[1].
>
> If you've not heard of us, we get up to a range of activities on
> Tuesday nights, including but not limited to social contact,
> programming, manufacturing weird things and consuming sugary treats.
> We usually begin at about 7, but sometimes someone will be in earlier.
> We're located downstairs from Engage Gaming. Access is through our
> door just beside the Assembly on Skene Terrace! If you're unsure about
> anything, ask in IRC[1].
>
> If you're new, I'd suggest you bring a laptop, and perhaps a project
> you want to work on. If you're coming in, feel free to reply and tell
> us all what you're planning to do!
>
> I shall be in, working on some stuff for the hacklab takeover @ ASC.
> I'll likely have headphones in and be slightly antisocial. Come talk to me
> about the takeover though!
>
> Cheers,
> Hx
>
> [1]: https://57north.org.uk/contact
>

> --
>   Hibby
>   d...@vehibberd.com
>   MM3ZRZ
> 57North Hacklab Ltd. is a company registered in Scotland (No. SC470230).
> 57North and 57North Hacklab are trading names of 57North Hacklab Ltd.

Andy Gaskell
Head Developer
Software Systems: Open For Business
Email: a...@ssofb.co.uk
Web: http://www.ssofb.co.uk
Mobile: 07745 924 449
Office: 01224 312857
Skype: andy_at_ssofb
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/agaskell
Office: 40 Raeden Park Road, Aberdeen, AB15 5LQ.
Limited company: SC347800