Hi,

Brexit and Covid-19 have wreaked havoc on my business plans with Luca in Italy and I'm reconsidering if I should ship six servers that I've built to Italy or host them here in Scotland?

The servers are Dual 8-core (16 thread) Opteron 6380 + 128GiB RAM, OS on a 500GB SSD RAID1 and 4@8TB on an LSI9211-4i with an LSI9211-8i to allow for expansion of another 8@SATA3 disks.

I discussed this briefly with Iain and Tom, but I would welcome any ideas or suggestions: Plan 1 is to host them in my garage, which I've done before - I've just contacted Converged to see if they can provide FTTP here, but I'm not optimistic (currently I'm on PlusNet FTTC/VDSL).

Is it a realistic proposition for me to stike a deal with the Hackspace, where, for example, 57North hosts my servers in the Space in return for me providing login accounts and free VM's to 57North members?

I talked to Tom about running OpenStack on these servers as a Hackspace project, but just now it runs Ubuntu-MATE 20.04 LTS and LizardFS SDS.

Just asking ;-)

  Tony.

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.tra...@minke-informatics.co.uk