De : internet-dra...@ietf.org <internet-dra...@ietf.org>
Envoyé : lundi 26 juin 2023 11:33
À : Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <pthub...@cisco.com>
Objet : New Version Notification for
draft-thubert-6lo-prefix-registration-03.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-thubert-6lo-prefix-registration-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Pascal Thubert and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-thubert-6lo-prefix-registration
Revision:       03
Title:          IPv6 Neighbor Discovery Prefix Registration
Document date:  2023-06-26
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          23
Html:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-thubert-6lo-prefix-registration-03.html
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-thubert-6lo-prefix-registration
Diff:
https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url2=draft-thubert-6lo-prefix-registration-03

Abstract:
   This document updates the 6LoWPAN extensions to IPv6 Neighbor
   Discovery (RFC 8505) to enable a node that owns or is directly
   connected to a prefix to register that prefix to neighbor routers.
   The registration indicates that the registered prefix can be reached
   via the advertising node without a loop.  The prefix registration
   also provides a protocol-independent interface for the node to
   request neighbor router(s) to redistribute the prefix to the larger
   routing domain using their specific routing protocols.  As an
   example, this document extends RFC 9010 to enable the 6LR to inject
   the registered prefix in RPL.

The IETF Secretariat