From: 6tisch [mailto:6tisch-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Qin Wang
Sent: mardi 10 novembre 2015 16:42
To: Maria Rita PALATTELLA <maria-rita.palatte...@uni.lu>; Prof. Diego Dujovne
<diego.dujo...@mail.udp.cl>; 6tisch@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [6tisch] Comments on the 6top-sublayer and 6top-sf0 drafts

Hi Maria Rita and all,

For support RPL structure of parent & children, I agree to think upstream and
downstream resource reservation separately. But, I'm not sure if we should use
3-phase protocol for upstream resource reservation, because that means 1/3
communication cost will be added for one transaction.

Maybe we can implement the upstream resource reservation in this way.
(1) The Child sends a Request message to its parent to require adding TX cells,
including NumCells, but without candidate CellList. Then, the parent choose the
cells for this Request without any constraint, and send back Response message
to the Child including the selected CellList;
Or
(2) The Child sends a Request message to its parent to require TX cells,
including NumCells and candidate CellList, but the CellList is just information
instead of requirement. Then the parent choose cells for this Request
considering the CellList or ignoring the CellList, and send back Response
message to the Child.

The basic idea is the rule of processing Request message involves the position
of nodes, i.e. parent or child. A problem could be the new selected cells may
conflict with the cells already used by the child with its children. I think
the problem can be solved by using un-overlapped Chunk in the neighborhood.

What do you think?

Thanks
Qin

On Monday, November 9, 2015 7:33 AM, Maria Rita PALATTELLA