Hi Qin,

I think nodeA=>nodeB request process includes two parts, one is Tx
from nodeA to nodeB, another part is for nodeB's MAC to process the
Request message. As you mentioned, failure of the first part can be
identified by mac-ack from nodeB, but not the second part. Right?

Yes, that's right! I believe we are now on the same page about the
approach using timeout.

In this sense, ability to identify failure without inconsistency
occurred in the second part is the only advantage of the generation
counter, which is achieved by consuming four bits in every 6P packet
and keeping inter-transaction state for every neighbor. In my opinion,
this advantage is a little thing for the price to pay...

Best,
Yatch