Thomas Watteyne <thomas.watte...@inria.fr> wrote:
    > - with IP-IP-IP, all nodes in the network would need to know at least
    > the global and link-local IPv6 addresses of the JRC, as well as the
    > IPv6 address of the LBR.

You write "all-nodes", but can we agree that it's only the Join Proxy?

The Join Proxy needs to know an address to which to forward the join traffic,
regardless of whether or not it is IPIP(IP) or CoAP.  I don't see how it
matters what which.  The JP has to know that address.

That address could be an IPv6 anycast address; it could be provisioned via
some other mechanism.

In the IPIP case, the pledge should ideally send to an address which the
JRC recognizes are local.  Any IPv6 LL-anycast address would work well for this.
That can also be done in the CoAP proxy method as well.

    > - With the CoAP proxy option, we could use (well-known?) 6LoWPAN
    > contexts and hostnames to avoid that.

I agree that using a 6lo context would be a good idea here.
It seems that it can also be used with either method.

I will write some examples today and post.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-