On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 5:03 PM peter van der Stok <stokc...@xs4all.nl>
wrote:

> > One doubt I have is how does the JRC send the Observe response to the
> > joined node, when the request came over a Join Proxy. Essentially, the
> > JRC needs to send the response to the global IPv6 address of the
> > joined node, that it never used before, but it is able to construct
> > it, as it knows the network prefix and the node identifiers (EUI-64,
> > short address). @Christian, is there any problem of doing this in
> > terms of CoAP?
>

> Why not have the joined node, after joining, send a GET with observe to
> the JRC to receive rekeys?

Hi Peter,

Would there be any semantical difference to doing that in respect to doing
it in the Join Request? If we can do it in 2 messages, why use 4? I  see it
more as the implementation problem, since JRC+CoAP implementation will need
to override the IP address of the observing client. In terms of compliance
with the security specs, I would say that it's OK, as we use OSCORE, not
DTLS where there is a binding of the session with IP addresses.

Mališa
--
Mališa