Dear Eric,

thanks so much for your comment. See inline our response (XV:)

regards
Xavi

> Eric Rescorla has entered the following ballot position for
> draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol-11: No Objection

> introductory paragraph, however.)

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol/

> COMMENT:
>
> I support Ben's DISCUSS
>
> As I read this document, this only works if two nodes are running the same
> SF.
> Do you think you could make that point earlier in the document?

XV: We propose a sentence as follows at the begining of Section 3.1

We call "6P Transaction" a complete negotiation between two neighbor nodes.
A particular 6P Transaction is executed between two nodes as a result of an
action triggered by one SF.
For a 6P Transaction to succeed, both nodes must use the same SF to handle
the particular transaction.

would that text clarify the raised point?

thanks so much
Xavi

Dr. Xavier Vilajosana
Wireless Networks Lab

*Internet Interdisciplinary Institute (IN3)Professor*
(+34) 646 633 681
xvilajos...@uoc.edu <usu...@uoc.edu>
http://xvilajosana.org
http://wine.rdi.uoc.edu
Parc Mediterrani de la Tecnologia
Av Carl Friedrich Gauss 5, B3 Building
08860 Castelldefels (Barcelona). Catalonia. Spain
[image: Universitat Oberta de Catalunya]
­