> Another, even more compelling example is, when you want to look at some
> scientific data from some experiment. There it is quite common to have rows
> of data, each row having say 20 real numbers, each row meaning one 'step' of
> the experiment. With acme or sam, with/without your solution, you have no
> simple way of looking at it. Using Vim, it's an easy task, you can turn the
> wrapping off...

I tend to think editing tabular data is a task for a different
program.  20 real numbers of a similar length are probably fine in
Vim.  But throw in a couple of fields where the length varies and
keeping track of columns across lines gets to be a real task, wrapping
or no.  I'd like to see an acme-like environment for editing tables.
(I know, "Quit talking; start coding.")

Micah