> building on x86 64 bit.
>
> first issue is that I get this:make: vx32-gcc: Command not found
>
> second is that I get this:
> gcc -Ilibvx32 -c -g -O3 -MD -std=gnu99 -I.  -o libvx32/linux.o libvx32/linux.c
> libvx32/linux.c: In function `vx32_sighandler':
> libvx32/linux.c:254: error: structure has no member named `rip'
> libvx32/linux.c:303: error: structure has no member named `rip'
> make: *** [libvx32/linux.o] Error 1
>
> which makes sense I guess as we're not 64 bit and IIRC it has a different
> name.
>
> Did you want -m32 on those files? I don't understand this well enough
> yet to know.
>
> But lguest just broke big time so if I can get this to work, I'm moving!

make 9vx/9vx
will build only 9vx and will not need vx32-gcc.

if you make clean
and then edit the top-level src/Makefrag file to add -m32
to the HOST_CFLAGS and then make 9vx/9vx
you are likely to get a working binary.

compiling in 64-bit mode is almost certainly
not going to work; the plan 9 kernel code is
very 32-bit here.  and it would be very confused
if its own pointers were 64-bit but the user
code pointers were 32-bit.

russ