When asking for the "/index" URL to venti server, some arenas appear
having the "disk=sealed" flag in addition to the "mem=sealed" flag,
and some other don't.  I fail to see any mention of it in the
documentation, and a quick review of the source code makes me think
that it is related to "icachedirty", which I guess means that some of
the clumps in that arena have not yet gone into the index.  Am I
right?

Well, the fact is that sometimes venti appears to be doing a hard work
sealing arenas (I mean, indexing clumps), and sometimes it doesn't.
Right now, in my venti server, I have 6 arenas with "mem=sealed but
without "disk=sealed".  In addition to that, doing:

hget 'http://127.1:8080/graph?arg=icachedirty&text=1' | tail -1

gives always the same values: the "icachedirty" values doesn't change.

Is this normal?  Is there any way to force venti to index clumps?

In case that matters, I am running venti on Linux, from plan9port-20080616.

Thanks,

Juan Cespedes