> On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 18:28 -0400, erik quanstrom wrote:
>> coming as no suprise, the pc port of plan 9
>> does work just fine with 8 cores.
>>
>> mpls; cat /dev/sysstat
>>           0       14271      213501        3399        1116           0
>>      0           0          99           0
>
> Looking at the output 99% is idle time. Have you had a chance to
> look at this system when it is fully loaded with something
> meaningful?

not really.  a kernel compile from ramfs took about 2.9s with an
average of more than 3s of cpu used for every second of real time.  a
compile from the fs over a gigabit link took about 1s longer, but used
far less cpu.

neither is particular impressive, but i'm not using a great percentage
of the cycles available ( ~3/8) and i am using the slowest processor on
the sheet and, due to my misreading of the datasheet, i have only half
the memory channels populated.

did you have anything specific in mind?