> If this happens again, then running "thread apply all where 20"
> in gdb should help determine what's going on.

I'll give that a try.

> I would be inclined to do away with full plan9.ini
> parsing and just read a file containing
>
>       name=value
>
> lines that get stuffed immediately into the config
> environment (ksetenv).

As it turns out, that's more or less what I've done.
I don't build an internal structure or try to leave
it in some known place in memory like the original,
and I dumped the bits that parse the device type and
stuff.  All that's left is calling ksetenv() on everything
I find.

So most of the device related stuff just gets ignored.
But things like nobootprompt, venti, fs, auth, user,
etc can all be useful.  I did keep the menu handling
since it was little work to keep it and because I think
it can be useful.  At least I plan to use it to let
me select between connecting to an external file server
and using a local fossil/venti.

BLS