On Oct 26, 2008, at 8:39 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

After a long day writing a paper for my psych class, it came time for
me to make the reference page, using the APA format (see
http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/06/). I was looking at
an online troff manual, which said that the .XP macro in the MS macro
set should do exactly what I want for the references...  but we don't
seem to have .XP in Plan 9 troff.

Has anyone here written a similar macro for Plan 9?  I'm a bit fried
after a lot of paper-writing and some Matlab work this afternoon or
I'd try to figure something out from the troff manual.

Thanks

John

Really what I want here is .HP from -man but if I use -man I get
really ugly fonts...  yet if I copy over the .de HP chunk from tmac.an
into my .ms file, the formatting doesn't work properly.

John

I modify the .PP macro. Here's one I use for MLA:

.de MP
.in
.RT
.if \\n(1T .sp \\n(PDu