> I would like to be able to import the /proc (or similar) filesystem from
> the remote machine and bind it over the files that my local kernel uses
> to send notes to the proxy process. That's how my "ideal world" model
> would work. Observe how that was also the first suggestion on the "notes
> thief" thread. Do you think it is a coincidence?

if /proc is your only concern ask Jim or somebody else at BL to
release the description of the original (plan9-only) cut of XCPU by
Vic Zandy. I can't find my copy of it anymore and I don't remember if
that information was releasable or not, but in short it was a modified
p9 kernel that allowed you to start and control processes on multiple
cpu servers at the same time.

I don't remember if the solution for note sending across machines was
novel. I seem to remember that in this case processes were addressed
by node/pid.