On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 1:31 PM, Pietro Gagliardi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Nov 14, 2008, at 4:26 PM, Russ Cox wrote:
>
>>> hget is different from most other programs of its kind.
>>
>> depends what you mean by "its kind".
>
> command line download tool; I'm comparing it to programs like wget, curl,
> etc.

as Russ points out, those programs are a lot less like the original
Unix than hget. Long ago, many programs that produced output went to
stdout.

GNU tools nowadays remind me of the kind of 60s-ish programs Kernighan
used to make fun of in .... 1976 ... when he gave talks about Unix.
Plan 9 tools remind of the kind of programs Kernighan used to talk
nicely about in .... 1976 ... when he gave talks about Unix.

ah well.

Nurse! Bring my bib! And fetch my walker! I'm done here.

ron