> fyi, here's the rc version of 'save' that uses cgifs:
>
> #!/bin/rc
>
> . /lib/cgifs/sandbox

May I humbly submit that the above is inadequate?  I risk sounding
like a serious newbie, but I believe that perhaps 9fans is too broad a
vehicle to do Plan 9 justice.  In this case, Skip's posting is
extremely useful to those who already have a grasp of Plan 9's
philosophy, but may be a little too cerebral to those who expect to
learn about Plan 9 on this list.

As somebody who discovers almost daily how much more there is to Plan
9 than I have been exposed to, I often wish a snippet of code was
annotated with highlights for the specific information it is meant to
illustrate.  Of course this is not essential and some effort will
disclose the details, but I'm almost certainly not the only person who
does not always have the luxury to analyse a posting in such detail.
Now, the intended recipient of the posting is almost certainly going
to go to that effort out of necessity, but other interesting parties
may sadly miss some important feature because of a lack of immediate
interest.

Of course, just like source code, annotations can be contributed by
the community, not necessarily by the original poster, my intention
here is merely to bring to the list's attention a possible shortcoming
of the underlying culture on 9fans in the hope that others and also
myself can address such a shortcoming.

No disrespect intended towards Skip or his posting, it was merely the
trigger that made me think along these lines.  I must confess I had
never perceived things in this light before.  Nor do I think that I
have a ready answer or even a sensible question, I'm merely voicing a
fresh perception.

++L

PS: I would like to see that Plan 9 FAQ re-appear, I believe it is
sorely missed.  Are there any volunteers to assist in reconstructing
and maintaining it?