you mention the touchpad - I guess this is a ps2 device rather than a usb one
(though I may be wrong). You should be able to start that using
mouse=ps2 in your plan9.ini.

> --- whatabout sound? Does anybody have Realtek AC97 audio working?

There are two ac97 drivers written independently, I believe there are links
on the wiki to them.

> --- Video Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME
Did you get this to work?
If not in native mode then in vesa mode?

> --- finally wifi: Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI adapter? (I
> couldn't find anything about this...)

I think this is a centrino device - if so there is an unfinished driver
in russ's contrib dir on sources.

sorry this is not very much help, but its a start. If you are willing to
start working on merging the audio drivers or finishing the centrino one
I'am sure there will be people willing to advise and maybe help.

-Steve