> 9vx could replace drawterm in our environment, but i think
> the following work is required.  9vx needs
> - to be able to boot with no local files other than the executable,
> (i.e. directly from a plan 9 fs)

Actually, I've been using it this way for a while.  More
precisely, when I'm on my home network it boots like a
terminal talking to my file server.  When I'm away from
my home network, it boots off a local fossil/venti partition.
It did take some relatively minor changes, but if they're
not in the tree, they might have fallen through the cracks.
I even threw in the plan9.ini parsing so I could give
myself a menu and set the appropriate variables.  (I'm
not using it for any other plan9.ini sorts of things.)

The relevant bits of my 9vx.ini file are:
[native]
nobootprompt=local!#S/sd00/
venti=#S/sd00/arenas
user=glenda

[home]
nobootprompt=tcp
fs=172.30.1.2
auth=172.30.1.2
user=stuart

> especially if the kernel were (sort-of) pxe loaded so that clients would
> only need a local copy of the loader and changes would then be
> automaticly distributed.)

Now that could be fun.

BLS