I am interested in the idea of adding some kind of resource limits
to plan9. If they existsed I would probably open it up to external
users, however different things would worry me:

CPU use
Implement the Fair share scheduler

User memory
Working swap would do me to fix this, but sadly rlimits would probably
be easier to implement.

Network bandwidth
Again a FSS type algorithm delaying or dropping packets could rate
control the network well I think.

Dialing remote ports
I don't become a spam relay so some restriction must be in place,
I guess this would require a minor modification to the IP stack.

Fork bombs
Erik's mod would help, but add a seccond threshold where after 15 secconds
you kill the proc failed the most fork() calls - the danger here is a spam
storm may cause listen(1) to be killed.

Running out of kernel memory
I don't perceive this as a problem, though this could be my lack of vision.

My 2ยข worth.

-Steve