> Speaking of NUMA and such though, is there even any support for it in the
> kernel?
> I know we have a 10gb Ethernet driver, but what about cluster interconnects
> such as InfiniBand, Quadrics, or Myrinet?  Are such things even desired in
> Plan 9?

there is no explicit numa support in the pc kernel.
however it runs just fine on standard x86-64 numa
architectures like intel nelaham and amd opteron.

we have two 10gbe ethernet drivers the myricom driver
and the intel 82598 driver.  the blue gene folks have
support for a number of blue-gene-specific networks.

i don't know too much about myrinet, infiniband or
quadratics.  i have nothing against any of them, but
10gbe has been a much better fit for the things i've
wanted to do.