On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 9:45 AM, erik quanstrom <quans...@quanstro.net> wrote:

> > It seems to only happen once per boot, but not necessarily when fossil
> > starts responding--I've seen it a couple hours after booting, which
> > the filesystem tends to go away at night.
>
> the failure is somewhere in blockWrite.  since blockWrite
> calls diskWrite and diskWrite just queues up i/o to send
> to the disk, it's not possible to get i/o errors directly from
> blockWrite.
>
> there are two case that do return errors.
>
> one is if the block can't be locked.  a runaway periodic function
> would make that more likely, since we don't wait for the lock.
> but it seems more likely in this case that some of fossil's data is
> corrupted since this started after the double-failure.
> see http://9fans.net/archive/2009/03/487
>
> the other case is a funny dependency.  there's a fprint there
> that's commented out.
>
> - erik

Here's another message that may be of interest. I ran fshalt before
rebooting (to test the periodicthread patch) and saw this:

syncing.../srv/fscons...prompt: sourceRoot: fs->ehi = 5395, b->l =
BtDir,3,Copied,e=5394,-1,tag=0x1
venti...
halting.../srv/fscons...archive vac:a9d9b0b9fe0db783fe618f680804a18df532a67a

I don't remember seeing that "sourceRoot: ..." stuff before; as soon
as the system comes back up I guess I'll take a look at source.

John
--
"I've tried programming Ruby on Rails, following TechCrunch in my RSS
reader, and drinking absinthe. It doesn't work. I'm going back to C,