Hi,

I installed Plan 9 under Parallels 3 back in November of last year and it worked without a hitch. I tried to install another copy tonight and the bitmapped display isn't working in the new one, I just get a pure black screen after any aux/vga command that it thinks will succeed. I found I can reproduce that behavior by building and running a new kernel in the old install. Any ideas what has happened since November in the kernel with respect to Vesa and Parallels? I'd be more than happy to debug this issue if I could get a little guidance. I didn't see anything in the archives about this problem. Alternatively, does anyone know if Parallels 4 works with a current kernel? If so I'll probably just upgrade to that; I've been holding off for a good reason to.

Thanks,

—
Daniel Lyons