On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 7:11 AM, michael block<michaelmuf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 23:49, John Floren<slawmas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> With a little help from FreeDOS, I am now successfully running 2e
>
> i can't get past the first disk. it seems there is no "suitable" fat
> partition. no amount of partitioning and formatting under freedos or
> freebsd results in anything disk one will put files on. so what
> exactly constitutes a "suitable" fat partition?

Ok, first note that I didn't have any luck with QEMU, I had to install
on an actual 486.

I booted the FreeDOS disk and created a small partition (something
like 50 MB) on the hard disk, leaving the rest unpartitioned. Then I
installed FreeDOS to the small partition and started the Plan 9
installation.

John
--
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing" -- Rob Pike