On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 11:18 AM, erik quanstrom<quans...@quanstro.net> wrote:
>> boot: can't connect to file server: '#S/sdD0' file does not exist
>> panic: boot process died: unknown
>> panic: boot process died: unknown
>> dumpstack disabled
>> cpo0: exiting
>
> fixed.  you should now be able to boot from the cd regardless
> of which port you've plugged it into sdE5 should be fine.
>
>> I recall reading that the CD is otherwise identical to the "stock"
>> version.  So, if I recompile the kernel, it'll break, right?  What
>> utterances do I need to enter in order to rebuild the kernel as it
>> appears on the 9atom cd?
>
> so, while i recommend that the contrib packages be used instead,
> after some thought and a few hrs of quality time removing half-finished
> bits, i packaged up the source used to build the 9atom kernels.
>        ftp://ftp.quanstro.net/other/kernel.mkfs.bz2
> to extract to the current directory
>        bunzip2 < kernel.mkfs.bz2 | disk/mext -d .
> if anyone objects to this being out there, i'll just remove it.
>
> off the top of my head, this kernel has the following little
> bits in addition to tje contrib packages:
> - jumbo frames, used with aoe (#l0/ether0/mtu),
> - /dev/cputemp on modern amd and intel processors,
> - kbd led control, repluggable ps/2 mice, cec console server,
> - console on non-onboard serial lines, turning serial console on/off,
> - pat,
> - /dev/nomp (mp irqs off), and /dev/mpirq (irqs turned on),
>
> the kernel you build will *still* be a little different than mine
> because of some changes to libauthsrv i made.  these differences
> are in the patch "readnvram" that allow nvram to be on any sd
> device.  this is particularly useful for ahci laptops that may have
> sdE2 (cdrom) and sdE3 (hd).  while they could have been added
> to the big array in libauthsrv.c/nvram, i found it hard to manage.

Does this include the cd writer bug fixed that we had recently?
Will i break my installation if I do replica/pull?

I dont know how much work it would be, I have always felt the openbsd
way of releasing snapshot seems very effective and replica + contrib
will make the whole process even more effective.

--
http://www.fernski.com