Datewise this looks like a pretty good potential for continuation
of the IWP9 '09 ;-)

Thanks,
Roman.
--- Begin Message ---
Hello everyone,

We have confirmed that we'll hold our annual mentor summit on the 24 &
25 October this year at the Googleplex in Mountain View, California.
Assume we will also have the pre-summit festivities on the evening of
the 23rd for locals and those who arrive in town early and are not
eaten by jet lag.

As usual, we will be inviting mentoring organizations to send 2
mentors and will make more room for locals who do not require travel
assistance based on space. In other words, we will be keeping a wait
list for local folks again and opening up room for folks on the wait
list as we get closer to the event.

We have not yet determined the following:

- which organizations will be invited (but it's looking good for all
150 from this year so far)
- how much funding will be provided for travel assistance to each
organization
- which hotel we will be using, domain vs. wild palms vs. both
- what meals we will be serving
- summit hours
- schedule of sessions during summit hours

So as you can see, beyond the dates we haven't determined much of
anything. Really, that's OK, as we have two months to figure all that
out and for all of you to buy your plane tickets.

What I'd like to ask now is that all you folks to talk amongst
yourselves to determine who would be best served by representing your
organization at the summit.

If you have never been to a summit, please check out the wiki [0] and
search the archives of this list for more data. Those of you who would
like to share a bit about summits past, please do so in this thread.
For those who would rather not hear the discussion, please mute/
autoarchive/otherwise filter.

If one of you would like to start a page on the wiki for the 2009
summit to begin capturing session ideas and all that jazz. If someone
would like to also copy over the basic content like location
(Googleplex!), airport info, etc and let folks know that is done, we
could begin updating it with our collective wisdom (like the fact that
a limo is now cheaper than a cab from SFO - eek!).

So for now, holding pattern. More info after 1 September, but perhaps
a week or two after that, so patience please.

Cheers,
LH

[0] - https://gsoc-wiki.osuosl.org/index.php/Main_Page

username - mentor