> What do you think of this proposal?

I think the saying is "the game is not worth the candle".  I doubt
anyone should invest the time and effort to implement this, specially
as few will adopt its use.  Of course, fifty years from now everyone
would be savvy to it, but by then one expects a different environment
and this type of consistency will have lost meaning.

Plus, by adding this feature you're not achieving the objective I
thought you sought, which was to make the commands inherently
consistent: you're retaining the inconsistency, but candy-coating it.
My long-ago mentor would suggest you have not yet read Catch-22.

++L