On Oct 26, 1:06 am, rminn...@gmail.com (ron minnich) wrote:
> this info needs more info.
>
> what OS? What version? What compiler? What version?
>
> thanks
>
> ron

Died again (less than a minute after start)

I started 9vx -t, maximized 9vx window, killed acme and shell window
that are created by the profile, opened one shell window, did notning
in it, put 9vx window into background.

./9vx -t

init: starting /bin/rc
upas/fs: opening /mail/box/dima/mbox: '/mail/box/dima' does not exist
echo: write error: unknown control message "accelerated"
echo: write error: unknown control message "res 3"
cpu0: registers for stats 76
FLAGS=0 TRAPP0 ECODE=0 PCsB1 USPÿFFCD8
  AX 00000000  BX 0FFFFE64  CX 0FFFFE83  DX 00000000
  SI 0FFFFDF4  DI 00022B45  BP 00000000
9vx panic: unknown trap/intr: 0x500
aborting, to dump core.
Aborted

Another experiment.

Started 9vx -t, maximized window, put it into background. It was there
for several minutes, no crash. Then I killed initial acme and shell
window, started new shell window. It chashed:

init: starting /bin/rc
upas/fs: opening /mail/box/dima/mbox: '/mail/box/dima' does not exist
echo: write error: unknown control message "accelerated"
echo: write error: unknown control message "res 3"
cpu0: registers for stats 76
FLAGS=0 TRAPP0 ECODE=0 PC{CA USPÿFFD44
  AX 00000000  BX 00022B40  CX 0FFFFDF4  DX 00022000
  SI 0FFFFDF4  DI 00000000  BP 00000000