On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 7:00 AM, Russ Cox <r...@swtch.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 5:27 PM, andrey mirtchovski
> <mirtchov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > serious question: can i have a link to the 9p implementation, pretty
> > please? it doesn't appear in the module list on their website.
>
> There's no 9p implementation.  I thought about writing one
> a couple times, and I'd love to do that (I want to write acme
> extensions in Go), but it hasn't been a priority.  Another thorny
> issue is what to name the package, since you can't start a
> package name with a digit.

I was wondering about that too and when I found out there was no 9P package
for Go yet I created this project page: http://code.google.com/p/go9/. I
thought go9 was a reasonable compromise for the package name given we can't
start with digits, though we can change that if anyone has a better idea.

There's no code in there yet because I just found out about Go a few hours
ago and am still wrapping my head around it. I probably won't get something
working for atleast a few weeks, so in the interim if someone wants to get
started please pitch in and let's not duplicate work :-)

Regards,
Anant