On 29 Dec 2009, at 11:53 pm, erik quanstrom wrote:

i'm getting spurious echo in 9term on average about 2/3 of
the time.  this example sees the spurious echo every time.
programs like bash that eat cooked input don't seem to suffer
the same fate.

Yes, on both OS X and Linux. I find I'm most likely to see it when using non-p9p tools and setting cooked mode from the menu. Using p9p tools via ssh also seems to trigger it. (i.e. open 9term, ssh to another machine, and run 9 rc.)

I actually thought it was a feature of cooked mode, I was quite surprised to see it not manifest when I tested just now.