* EBo <e...@sandien.com> wrote:

> Actually, explaining that in an ezine would make a wonderful article.
> Actually if I had time I think we could post a half dozen or more references
> which basically explain this as why Plan 9 was designed and developed in the
> first place.

ACK. And that should really explain *why* the Plan9 approach
(to me, personally, that's not the OS itself, but the concepts
like synthetic filesystems behind it) are better.

I'd also like to have that ezine as a place for presenting ideas,
even those which aren't implemented yet. For example, I often use
idle times (like right now ;-)) to think about how bloaty things
in the GNU/Linux world (from relatively little things like some
virtualized devices up to whole desktop environments) could be done
much better the Plan9 way. Unfortunately I don't have thet time to
implement all these ideas which float around my head. So I'd like
at least present them to the world, so hopefully one picks up some.

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weig...@metux.de
 mobile: +49 174 7066481   icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666