Nathaniel W Filardo <n...@cs.jhu.edu> said:

> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 03:06:57PM +0100, Gorka Guardiola wrote:
> > > * each module may have an entry point (main module w/o is allowed,
> > >  even if it wouldn't make much sense ;-o), these are called after
> > >  relocation, along the dependency tree, from leaf to root.
> >
> > no modules.
>
> That's not entirely true; there's (experimental ?) work for dynld(2), and
> the shipping compilers can already produce DLMs.  (That said, libdynld is
> not yet part of the base system.)  dynld(2) provides a system reminiscent of
> dlopen() and dlsym(), but no dynamic linkage is supported (only dynamic
> applications (the python port springs to mind).

Is dynamic loading and linkage something that people want?  I have some old
experimental code written in Spirit++ (a C++ template library which
functionally replaces lex and yacc, and reads like EBNF).  The old code is for
a runtime polymorphic parser for RS274 (CNC g-code).  I was experimenting with
parsing historic CNC code, and play with different geometry engines.  This old
project is WAY down on my to-get-around-to list, but it might be an
interesting testbed for something later on.  This would be useful for stuff
like a motion controller for the RepRap and DIY 3D Fab machines.

For that matter, is there anything like Spirit++ <http://boost-spirit.com> in
Plan9/Limbo?  When I developed the code for my fist thesis I developed a
parser for some oddball finite difference equations produced by some modeling
software.  It was nice to have the code read like EBNF.

  EBo --