Very well, i'll drop the idea then. It's just a shame there's no easy
and direct way to find out how to do some of the stuff I mentioned in
the original post.

To Tim;
Why do you suppose I use a wysiwyg editor to begin with? I don't know
squat about writing webpages, also, I don't know how to set up or
configure a web server. My webspace is thru Yahoo's paid services, and
I chose them because they give you alot for cheap, and they are a no
nonsense provider. They don't interfere in anything I choose to do.

On top of that, knowing you have no idea who I am, I come from a
background of a non-IT, non college educated, self (and forum) taught
user. I've Slackware exclusively for just a snootch shy of a decade,
having recently switched to BSD. It is sufficient to say that whilst
i'm not a guru or master of the trade, I am very proficient in
userland things, like installing software, maintaining the system,
building kernels, etc. I have yet to figure out how to do the simple
things I mentioned above (what about accessing usb sticks, installing
3rd party software, etc). I can't find a simple straight "do this to
do this" type of document on many simple user functions. How can
someone who would give Plan9 a chance with an even lesser background
in unix like enviroments like myself figure these things out?

Praise be due to those who are more resourceful or generally smarter
in these matters than I, but being quite comfortable with CLI and not
being able to find a simple and straight way to do desktop/basic users
tasks was the motivation behind this whole idea.

I'm sorry my offer to help seems of no use.
Since it is my webspace, I may just do it anyway, presuming I learn
some of the things I need to. There may be other sites, a wiki, and
etc., but I see zero harm in trying to help others learn this system,
even if it be from my slow journey and blunders along the way.

Trust me, if I could afford the costs i'd have to pay my ISP, had the
hardware, and the knowledge to set up and secure a Plan9 web server,
i'd do it in a heartbeat, but hardware and funding aside, I don't
remotely have the knowledge of either webservers in general, or plan9
specifically.