On 12 Mar 2010, at 05:17, ron minnich wrote:

http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/home/

$400 but it has a long backlog it seems.

ron

Very nice looking little thing and the internal USB is a great idea. I almost got to saying "I want one," but I started comparing it to my Zaurus which was about that price some years ago. For my purposes the Touch Book has half again the clock speed and double the battery life of my old Z, plus a nicer screen and keyboard. The latter two aren't worth it not fitting in my pocket, although I'm sure they will be to others. The Touch Book also has 8 times the RAM my Zaurus has, but what would you use 512MB for in a Plan 9 terminal-like device?

I feel a bit bad about running it down because I think the company shows a lovely attitude in trying to support as many Linux distros as they can, but the 512MB just says to me, "this was made for the wonderful Technologies of XML and object oriented design."