> I've been searching through the man pages and 9fans archive and I am
> unable to figure out how to correctly setup plan9 to read and write
> mail. I've added my mail servers in different places (i.e.
> /rc/bin/termrc, /lib/ndb/local, /mail/lib/rewrite.gateway), ran
> factotum, ran upas/fs but I'm unable to read or write mail. Can anyone
> point me in the right direction?

i think you want "rewrite" not "rewrite.gateway".  the should
be seen as alternates of the same file, not different working files.

here are the files that i know we've modified here, all
in /mail/lib
- qmail
- remotemail
- rewrite
- smtpd.conf
it's helpful in debugging to make sure the log files
/sys/log/^(smtp smtpd mail smtp.fail) all exist.